How To Clean Your Make-Up Brushes
Is there anything better than a freshly cleaned make-up brush?
From your blusher brush to your flat foundation blender, the number of brushes finding their way into our make-up bags is forever growing.
And that’s why it’s so important to keep them in tip-top shape.
To help you get the most out of your make-up brushes, we’ve put together the ultimate guide on cleaning your brushes. Ready? Let’s get cleaning.
So, How Often Should I Clean My Brushes?
Most skincare experts will recommend that you soak your make-up brushes at least once a week – this will help to stop product build-up, leaving them to feel fresher when you use them.
To keep them clean, it’s good to give your make-up brushes a thorough clean once a month, and twice a month if they’re used around your eyes.
By keeping your make-up brushes clean, you not only extend the life of them, you also reduce the risk of clogged pores and spots.
What Should I Use To Clean My Make-Up Brushes?
When it comes to cleaning your make-up brushes, you should always use a specialist brush cleanser or a gentle soap with warm water, as this won’t damage the bristles.
How Do I Clean My Make-Up Brushes?
Cleaning your make-up brushes is pretty simple, just follow these three simple steps.
- Squeeze a pea-sized amount of gentle soap into a glass of warm water.
- Gently swirl your make-up brushes in the water and massage the bristles to remove any leftover make-up.
- Finish by rinsing them with clean water and laying them out flat to dry.
How Do I Clean My Make-Up Sponge?
Just like cleaning your brushes, cleaning your make-up sponge is super-simple too.
- Fill a bowl with warm, soapy water.
- Gently massage the make-up sponge in the water and watch as your old make-up washes out.
- Finish by rinsing the make-up sponge until it’s completely clean. To dry, just gently blot it with a paper towel.
How Do I Dry My Make-Up Brushes?
Drying your make-up brushes correctly is just as important as cleaning them, so here’s how to do it right.
- Find a clean towel and a flat surface. Lay your brushes on one half of the towel and fold over the other half, gently adding pressure to get rid of any excess water.
- After, unfold the towel and leave the brushes lying flat to dry out in the air. I’d recommend leaving them to dry overnight.
- Never leave your make-up brushes to dry in a cup upright. The water will trickle down to wear away the glue that’s keeping the brush together.
Ok, But When Should I Throw Away My Make-Up Brushes?
There’s only so long a make-up brush will last – even when you look after them well!
Not sure what to look out for? Here are some early signs you may need some new brushes.
- Your brushes don’t seem to ever get clean.
- The bristles start to fall out.
- You notice that the brush is starting to smell.
None of the above? We’d recommend replacing your brushes every 3 to 4 months, as this will help to keep your make-up looking fresh.
fmg Express Makeup Brush Wash
No more excuses for dirty tools!
Sanitize your makeup brushes regularly.
An alcohol-free formula easily removes dirt, oil, and makeup without leaving any residue.
Featuring a convenient spray packaging, this must-have rinse-free formula gently cleans bristles, removes dirt and oil, and dries instantly. 1 fl. oz.
- Aloe Vera – A soothing ingredient that helps condition your brushes and keeps them noticeably soft
- Green Tea Extract – Contains powerful polyphenols that help fight bacterial growth
- Spray 5 times the Fmg Express Makeup Brush Wash directly onto the makeup brush bristles
- Swirl the brush in gentle circular motions on a dry paper towel to clean.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Quick-dry formula requires minimal time in between cleaning and your next use.
Did you find this post useful, inspiring?
Save THIS PIN to your Avon board on Pinterest 🙂
Ready to get started as an Avon Representative???
Just Click Here, fill out a short application, choose your Start-Up Option, and just like that you’ll be ready to go!
To learn more about the Avon opportunity,
Ready to sign up right now?
Looking to be an Avon Customer: